my iPhone and iPad are showing twice as many "All Items" as my Mac

Options
fbspindrift56
fbspindrift56
Community Member

I have messed up somehow. My iPhone and iPad are showing 1603 "All Items" and my MacBook Pro is showing 873 "All Items" and it's a similar difference for logins.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:my iPhone and iPad are showing twice as many "All Items" as my Mac

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@fbspindrift56,

This is probably due to the Mac version automatically removing the standalone vaults upon migrating to a 1Password.com account. You can confirm this by looking at the vault list on the various copies of 1Password you're working with and see if "Primary" exists; I suspect it does for the iPad and iPhone, but doesn't for the Mac version.

We have improvements in progress to improve the multi-device situation you find yourself in, where some devices are configured with standalone vaults and should clean up after themselves rather than leave those vaults around with duplicate copies of already transferred items.

• fbspindrift56
    fbspindrift56
    Community Member
    Options

Rudy, you are right, I have "Primary" vaults on my iPad and iPhone. So should I leave them be for now until the improvements are in place Thanks so much for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fbspindrift56 - not necessarily. You should be able, on your iPad and iPhone, to tap Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete Vault and you'll be ready to go with only your 1password.com account on all devices. Needless to say, you should only do this if you feel your 1password.com account has a complete and up-to-date copy of your data (meaning: no data still in Primary on either device that's NOT already in the 1password.com vault(s).)

• fbspindrift56
    fbspindrift56
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, thank you. It works and now matches my Mac. Thanks so much

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fbspindrift56 - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.