Hidden duplicate entries, Wireless Router text fields and arrangement of custom fields

ItsAdventureTime
ItsAdventureTime
Community Member

Hello,

I have been experiencing multiple issues. First of all, using the feature to "Clean Up Duplicate Items" (1Password Menu > Help > Tools) worked at first. When I migrated from a local 1Password vault (Dropbox) to 1Password Cloud. Then there were duplicate entries all over. And that tool to clean them up worked.

The weird part that I noticed though, example I went to Netflix, and pressed CMD+\ which is to fill the text fields with my login information, I would need to press on the "Submit" button instead of it automatically logging me in. That's the time that I noticed that I still have duplicate entries of the same login credentials but the tool never removed it.

The other issue is when entering additional custom fields, like for the Wireless Routers, I have one router with multiple SSIDs and with different passwords. The first 2 SSIDs are for both 2.4G and 5G frequencies and is strictly for family and relatives. The other 2 SSIDs are the same thing, but for guests. And every week, the password to the 2.4G and 5G frequencies are also being updated for security purposes.

Which is why, to remove any confusion and to make things organized, I use entered everything in a single entry. Though it seemed that it is impossible to move the custom fields above, in the area where the initial network name or network password are located. Well, for the Android version, it's impossible to do it though. For the macOS version, yes I was able to place the custom fields wherever I want. Though a way to have multiple network/wireless security type is something that I would love to be able to do.

I'll be waiting for the awesome explanation and ideas of everyone.

Thanks again!

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: macOS Mojave 10.14.3
Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ItsAdventureTime - thanks for the detailed post!

The weird part that I noticed though, example I went to Netflix, and pressed CMD+\ which is to fill the text fields with my login information, I would need to press on the "Submit" button instead of it automatically logging me in.

Right. Autosubmit has been removed from 1Password and likely won't be returning. Briefly, changes made by Apple in Safari 12 made it infeasible to continue offering auto-submit, so it was retired across clients.

That's the time that I noticed that I still have duplicate entries of the same login credentials but the tool never removed it.

The duplicates tool follows our usual approach to manipulating users' data, which is that we are VERY conservative with it. We don't ever want a script or automated process deciding for you which copy of your data is the correct one. So unless it finds exact duplicates, it will prefer "skipping" some that you would consider duplicate items instead of potentially deleting the wrong one.

Changing the layout of fields is something that has varied from native 1Password app to native 1Password app in the past, and it's been the source of some problems. We've been moving toward a more unified structure for some time now, with the same layout (as much as possible) everywhere. Certain Categories have "protected" fields that are what define the Category (so, for Logins, it's username and password, etc). These will always be at the top of the record, and can't be moved. Other custom user-defined fields (or even some of the default fields) can indeed be moved around. Not sure that answers the question you were asking, so please elaborate if not. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.