[BUG] [7.3.661.BETA] Remain in selected sidebar list after editing an item removes it from that list

mhagen
mhagen
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

After editing a Login in the Vulnerable Passwords list, when I save the changes, the view switches to Logins with the edited item selected. I have to switch back to Vulnerable Passwords again to continue updating logins.

1. Select Vulnerable Passwords
  2. Select a Login item in the list and click Edit
  3. Update the password and save the changes
  4. Expected: Item is removed from Vulnerable Passwords list and another item in the list is selected.

Actual: 1Password switches to Logins category with edited item selected.

1Password Version: 7.3.661.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback, @mhagen! This is actually working as expected for the moment, though I agree it may not be quite as intended. The assumption is that if you're working on a particular item, you want to continue to have your focus on that item even after you make changes. That item is no longer Vulnerable, so it's removed from that category and your selected category is changed. From my perspective, this should work differently in Watchtower. One is reasonably addressing issues in Watchtower when that category is selected and likely wants to continue in that category after a particular item has been sorted. I'm not sure whether we're able to allow for different behavior on a per-category basis, but I'd be happy to pass your feedback along to the team with my support. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.