Can 1P7 complete 'drop down' boxes?

Heter0dyne
Heter0dyne
Community Member

Using Safari with Mojave, two examples of this:
1) One site requires date of birth i.e. three fields, one for day, date and year - currently done manually.
2) (Lloyds Bank) requires me to enter corresponding characters. For example, as part of the logging process, I have a private personal code; as an example 'tomatoes', the site will ask for corresponding characters to enter such as 3rd, 4th & 6th characters so I would enter 'm', 'a' and 'o'.

Would be great if 1P7 could manage this but I have my doubts. Managing this manually though is a pain.

Thanks team!

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: OS X 10.14.2
Sync Type: 1P Membership

Comments

• Hi @Heter0dyne ,

Currently 1Password can not do that, but I do have a tip for you, for the bank example. If you click the menu beside a password and choose "Show in Large Type", the password will appear in large letters with numbers below. Then you can more easily pick out the 3rd, 4th, and 6th (or whatever the bank site is asking for) to enter in the fields.

We continually look for ways to improve filling but don't have a solution to the above case at this time.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Heter0dyne
    Heter0dyne
    Community Member

Thanks Kevin and appreciate your helpful tip. One method I happened upon was to arrange a two row table in a spreadsheet. The top row had the sequence of numbers and in the row below I entered the necessary corresponding characters of my personal code. The screenshot was saved as an attachment (.PNG file) into 1P7 such that by either using 'quick view' or a double click to open, it is easy to relate the required numbers to the corresponding letters below; hope that makes sense. The other small advantage is the image can remain on screen when entering into the Bank's website; in any event I have found this a useful workaround!

Thanks Kevin,
    Jerry

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Heter0dyne - to be clear, if you grab the top portion of any password displayed in Large Type and drag it just a small distance on the screen, it too will remain until you close it specifically, for the same reason - so it's there when you switch back to your bank's website in the browser. Hope that's helpful! :)

• Heter0dyne
    Heter0dyne
    Community Member

No, I wasn't aware Lars but nifty option. Thanks for this and all your past help!

Thanks -- Jerry

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Heter0dyne - you're quite welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.