How to import attachments to a local vault

Options

Hi, whenever I import my local Mac vault into my Windows vault everything is copied except the attachments. Is there any option I'm missing to transfer attachments from Mac to Windows?

Thanks in advance,

Juan Andres

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Susto,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Is there a particular reason why you export your data from 1Password on your Mac and then import it to 1Password for Windows, and not sync your vault between two machines? If you don't want to sync via Dropbox and want to keep your data local, you can sync via local folder. Here is how:

How to keep a copy of a standalone vault updated in a folder

Let me know if it suits your needs and syncs attachments. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Susto
    Susto
    Community Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Mac is at home, Windows is at work. Different networks, no possibility of remote connection to Dropbox or any other cloud service from the office due to security policies.

Exporting and importing is cumbersome, no doubt, but I have no other option.

Juan Andres

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

If you want to go the 'hyper-security' way, there would definitely the posibility to create a vault on an usb-drive and carry it arround.
    The problem there is just, that it needs to be connected everytime you want to sync 1P, which means any time it's running :unamused: (and one more stopper, maybe your company only allows Bitlocker enforced usb-drives, then it's only possible if it is allowed to connect them at home)
    And of course no mobile devices are able to be involved.

• Susto
    Susto
    Community Member
    Options

Let's not overcomplicate the scenario. I just need to copy my Mac vault to my Windows machine once every few weeks. Everything is fine with the export/import functionality right out of the box except for the attachments.

If attachments cannot be copied I can live with that, is not optimal but not a deal breaker either. I simpiy would like to make sure that attachments not being copied are the expected behavior in version 7 instead of me missing some option in the program.

Thanks to both of you for you input, really appreciated :-)

Juan Andres

• @lumarel actually suggests what I would, @Susto. If you sync your vault to a local folder on your Mac, then copy the .opvault file from that local folder to a USB from time to time and use that to update the local folder on your PC, that will work. Indeed, a bit fussy, but if you only have to do so periodically, it should be workable.

• Susto
    Susto
    Community Member
    Options

It worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for your help, this really was easier than expected.

Best regards,

Juan Andres

P.S. Please consider adding this to the FAQ; people using Windows at work could benefit from this solution.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Susto,

On behalf of Kate and lumarel you are ver welcome! :chuffed: :+1: We are always looking at ways to improve 1Password, so please do not hesitate to contact us anytime. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.