1Password crashes while trying to quit

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1P 7.2.4 un-minimizes itself automatically.

Comments

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

I've also noticed - and sent crash reports to AG each time: this version of 1P also crashes most times I Quit it. In the past have tended to Launch on boot and let it Quit on shutdown.

Now, if I 'manually' Quit, it crashes.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Mark Sealey - I'm sorry for the trouble. I split this comment off from the previous thread, since it had essentially nothing to do with what we were discussing there - hope that's OK.

I haven't seen any recent diagnostics reports from you. If you sent them, you should have received an automated reply from our BitBot assistant. This reply should contain a Support ID number; please post that number here in a reply to this thread so we can "connect the dots." It's difficult to say without taking a closer look what might be going on, since crashing obviously isn't expected behavior, and crashing while attempting to quit is even stranger. So let us know where to look, and we'll see what we can find out. Thanks! :)

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

Thanks for splitting, Lars. Of course!

I used the built-in reporter which sends both to Apple and then from within 1P to you; but didn't get replies.

I've saved the latest example. Pls let me know what's the best way to get it to you (formats didn't work here), please - will happily email it to you if you contact me that way first :-)

Thanks!

• Hi there @Mark Sealey . If you've been sending in crash reports then they will be showing up in our crash reporter. No further action required on your part unless there's more information you'd like to provide. 🙂

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Mark Sealey - ah, sorry - I misunderstood you to say you'd been sending in diagnostics reports. My mistake, and thanks for the catch, @MrRooni. Glad someone here is on the ball. ;)

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

@Lars - my apologies to you for not being clearer :-(

Thanks. I do have a crashlog ready to send if either you or @MrRooni (thanks for your help too!) needs them.

You're all on the ball :-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Mark Sealey - not your fault; you said it quite plainly...I just read what I expected to read, instead of what you actually wrote. :(

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

Thanks, Lars - happy to send a 'regular' system crash log if you need it :-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Mark Sealey - thanks, but no need. As MrRooni mentioned, we'll have those already, if you have them set to send to us automatically.

• Mark Sealey
    Mark Sealey
    Community Member

Great! Thanks, Lars - good luck tracking this one down and fixing :-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.