Open 1Password shortcut on macOS

kathampy
kathampy
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Mac

Can we have a shortcut to open 1Password Desktop on macOS similar to Ctrl + Shift + \ on Windows?
Cmd + Option + \ only opens 1Password Mini on macOS, which seems redundant since Cmd + \ does the same thing if the browser is not focused.
If you want to open 1Password Mini in the browser without filling a login you can just click the icon. The shortcut is better used for opening 1Password Desktop.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kathampy - hmmm, that's not a bad idea. The potential issue with it is that we'd either have to repurpose the existing Cmd + Option + \ or add a new one like perhaps Cmd + Shift + \ . The former is probably less likely, since that particular keyboard shortcut has existed for quite a while and many users depend on it - and even more are at least familiar with it - so changing what it does would need a really good reason. And the latter (creating a new shortcut), especially a global one, means that's one less keyboard combo people can use for other applications. But I'll definitely mention your idea to the development team and see what we think about it. Thanks! :)

ref: apple-3093

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

I would only swap Cmd with Ctrl. The rest should be the same as Windows, so Cmd + Shift + \. I use 1Password on all platforms and I keep forgetting the varying shortcuts.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.