How to bypass google Authentificator

Options
BoboN7
BoboN7
Community Member

Hi, i did reset my phone today but forgot about the 2 factor authentification for 1password.
Now i cant restore my 1password Authentificator and i did never set up another admin in my family account.
So now i have all my 1password login data except the google authentificator and i have access to my vault on 2 computers. But since i cant use the Google Authentification i cant access my accountpage anymore or set up new devices.
I desperately need 1pasword on my phone :(
My wife can access the page (she has no 2FA) but she cant recover my account.

Thanks for the help :)

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bobon7. After you turned MFA on for your account, did you sign in and authenticate from any browsers? If so, can you still sign in from that browser? If you can, you can turn MFA off there, so that you can access from your devices. You can find more info here: https://support.1password.com/two-factor-authentication/#get-help

Let us know how that goes!

• BoboN7
    BoboN7
    Community Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi peri, thanks for the reply :)
    Unfortunately i tried the suggestions in this link already and had no luck.

I still have access to my vault on the Windows app (including the access data like keys etc.) and my wife and my mother can access it via Browser (but not as family organizer).
    It would be great to get this going again without creating a new account and loose all my stored information.
    Would it help to export all my information from the windows app to a file and create a new account to import them afterwards?
    Than redirect the family subscription to the new account?

Or even better: To set up another Organizer without my help or something similar.

Thank you so far!
    Bobo

• BoboN7
    BoboN7
    Community Member
    Options

apparently i cant import the exported logins into the new account. So im really stuck and hope to hear from you soon.
    I really love your program and i am quite upset to be so scatterbrained to not backup my 2FA.

• Thanks @BoboN7. In that case, please reach out to us over email so we can verify your identity. support@1password.com. Thanks!

• BoboN7
    BoboN7
    Community Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Actually i did already write them on Thursday on the same topic and explained the same situation (including that the link suggestions didn't work). Than i decided to reach out for help on the forum.

Thank you for your help so far! I will write them another mail and hope to hear from them soon. I imagine they have a lot to work through and they will get to me soon.

• Thanks! As this sort of issue requires verification of your identity, it can only be handled over email. I'm not able to help further in the forum. Please continue the conversation over email if necessary.

This discussion has been closed.