Safari and Chrome Extensions don't show all my logins

fremontmj
fremontmj
Community Member

I have several AppleIDs. When I search in the 1Password app, it shows all of them (none were recently created). But neither the Safari or Chrome extensions show all of them using the same search terms.

In an attempt to fix the problem, I uninstalled the Chrome extension and tried uninstalling the Safari one; but the Safari extension says you have to Uninstall 1Password also, which I'd rather not do unless I have to (by the way, the online instructions for uninstalling the extension do not seem to mention this).

I closed 1Password completely (^-option-quit) and restarted it, to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated!

Best,

Mike

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4 (safari), 4.7.3.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @fremontmj! Are you sure you have all of the Apple IDs in the same vault, and that you were viewing the same thing in 1Password mini (extension) as you were in the main app? You can view one vault at a time, or All Vaults, so if you were looking at one thing in the main app and something else in the mini, that might account for it. Could that be the case?

In 1Password 7 for Mac, due to changes made by Apple to the format of Safari extensions, the 1Password extension is now a part of the main app - it's single-process architecture, whereas in earlier versions, the extension was a separate download. That's why you can't easily delete it. You can disable it, of course, but you can't easily delete the extension in the way you used to be able to. Safari is the only browser for which this is the case.

• fremontmj
    fremontmj
    Community Member

Thanks for the super-quick reply, Lars!

Yes, they are all in the same vault, and I was searching in the same vault in both the main app and the extension. So still a mystery!

I understand why I couldn't delete the extension (thanks for that) - I just want to help by pointing out that the online directions here:
    https://support.1password.com/uninstall-extension/
    no longer work, and that you might want to update it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

@fremontmj - gotcha! Thanks. We actually have an internal issue filed to make the changes to the extension uninstall page. :)

With regard to searching for the same thing in both places, that is indeed odd. Are the items all saved in the same manner? In other words: same URLs, etc? Or do they have different names/URLs?

ref: web/support.1password.com#1763

This discussion has been closed.