not synching macbook air to iphone8

Leslieft
Leslieft
Community Member

I have Macbook Air and Iphone 8 - it used to synch (or maybe that was before I switched from iphone 6 to 8) - they are both logged into the same icloud account - i've tried all the steps and am now at the point where it says try to reset Icloud data from in 1password - but you will lose anything new - what does that mean? anything I've changed since the last time the synch from by macbook air to my phone worked will be lost??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:not synching macbook air to iphone8

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Leslieft! Before we do anything drastic, can you tell me what you see if you go to 1Password for Mac's Preferences > Sync -- how many vaults do you see there, and what method are they set to sync with? Now, on your iPhone, go to Settings > Sync and let me know the same thing, please. :)

• Leslieft
    Leslieft
    Community Member

Thanks!

on My Macbook Air In 1Password I see 1 Vault (Primary) and it synchs with Icloud

On my phone - if I open the 1Password app I also see Primary and ICloud

I hit synch but I still don't see the updates on my Mac on my Iphone

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Leslieft - OK, thanks. I'd like you to try this: On each device, in 1Password, create a new Secure Note. Give each one a unique title so it can be recognized (call them "From iPhone" and "From Mac" or something similar). Save the note, then lock 1Password and give everything a minute or two. Re-open/unlock 1Password and tell me if you see both notes on both devices, each note only on the device it was written on, or something else. :)

This discussion has been closed.