1password mini won't open (icon background turns blue only)

sshanky
sshanky
Community Member

When I click on the 1password Mini icon, its background turns blue, but no menu appears. This is the case with one or two button clicks. Additionally, the same behavior is happening in Safari and Chrome. Additionally, the command-\ keystroke that usually works no longer does.

Therefore, the only way to get a password appears to be to run the 1password app and manually get the information.

The version of the main app:
1Password 7
Version 7.2.4 (70204000)
AgileBits Store

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: OS X 10.14
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• kothman
    kothman
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Sounds like this just started happening - did you recently upgrade to 1Password 7, or make any other changes? If you upgraded 1Password, you'll want to make sure your browser extensions are all updated, and then restart your computer.

You'll also want to make sure you have the 1Password Extension Helper enabled, by opening up 1Password 7, and then navigating to "1Password 7" (in the menu bar) -> Preferences -> Browsers -> "Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running".

Let me know if that helps - if you haven't recently upgraded your 1Password application, let me know if you remember making any other changes before this started happening.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @sshanky,

Did any of @kothman's suggestions work out for you or are you still having these issues?

• sshanky
    sshanky
    Community Member

Hi @kothman and @Corey_C

Yes, updating Chrome did the trick. I had recently updated from the prior version of 1Password and before I was having no such issue. I thought Chrome auto-updated, so I didn't think of trying.

Thanks for the help.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Great to hear it @sshanky and thanks for the assistance @kothman. :)

This discussion has been closed.