Can't update past 7.1.2

Options
maquinn78
maquinn78
Community Member

I noticed my 1PW hasn't updated in a while and when I try and force it, it says it's up to date but I know you are on 7.2. Why won't mine update?

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Basically, because changes in Safari 12 led to changes in 1PW. AgileBits did not want people not on Safari 12 to update yet so the prompt to update is not given yet to users not on Mojave. You can download manually (at least if you have the version direct from AgileBits, I'm not sure about the App Store version, but probably there too). It worked fine for me when I was still on 10.13.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019
    Options

@maquinn78 - sorry for the confusion. The reason you're not being offered an update is that you're using macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”). Safari 12 brought with it huge changes to the extension format, and the older, .safariextz version has been replaced by the newer Safari App Extension format. In macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”), Safari 12 ships standard, but in earlier versions of macOS, it's still an optional download. 1Password 7.2 and onward ship with the new SAE extension, and if you install that into a system using Safari 11, you will immediately no longer be able to use 1Password at all with Safari. So, we're waiting until we see higher numbers of adoption rate of Safari 12 before pushing a general update for those on pre-Mojave versions of macOS. That said, if you've already installed Safari 12, you can visit our downloads page, and download the latest package installer. You'd be not only able but encouraged to run the latest version. Let us know if you have any questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.