The App forces me to use not my language and I can't switch the language in the android app.

Suttungr
Suttungr
Community Member

I use Ukrainian language as the operating system language on my android phone(Samsung Galaxy S9+) but the app uses Russian by default. Is there a way to change a language in the app itself? Because I don't see this option anywhere. Russian is NOT my native language and I feel offended by forced usage of Russian without any possibility to change the language. Also, it would be great to add Ukrainian localisation to the 1Password. It would attract more Ukrainians to your app apart from existing great share of Ukrainian users.
Please, address my concerns. Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    edited February 2019

Hi @Suttungr. Sorry for the trouble here. We rely on the system settings to tell us the language, and then we use the localized resources based on that.

I assume you're using a 1Password membership, as we don't currently have the app translated in Ukrainian. In that case, it looks like we're making a mistake in asking the server for translations. If this is indeed the case, I will report this to our development team so they can get it resolved.

I'll also pass your request for Ukrainian localization on to our team.
    ref: android-486

• Suttungr
    Suttungr
    Community Member

Hi @peri. Indeed I am using a 1Password membership. Yes, please, could you kindly notify the development team with my user story. It would be nice to get at least a possibility to switch language on mobile for this time being.

• Thanks for confirming that. I've opened up an issue internally for our development team to look into. Thanks for reporting this, @Suttungr!

This discussion has been closed.