Why is a release date not shown in the release notes of the Software Updated popup window?

Options
JohnnyUtahh
JohnnyUtahh
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Mac

Why is a release date now shown in the release notes of the Software Updated popup window?

These notes would be much more meaningful for me if a release date was associated with each version.

Without this, it's hard to tell if a release was generated 2 days ago or 2 years ago. And I've learned via past history to upgrade 1Password slowly -- hence at any time I could be (purposely) way behind the latest-available releases.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• JohnnyUtahh
    JohnnyUtahh
    Community Member
    Options

The title is supposed to read "why is a release date NOT shown..." --> but it appears I can no longer edit or delete my above post ( :-/ ), so we're stuck with the confusing typo. Apologies.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JohnnyUtahh

The title is supposed to read "why is a release date NOT shown..." --> but it appears I can no longer edit or delete my above post ( :-/ ), so we're stuck with the confusing typo. Apologies.

No worries. And you may not be able to edit, but I can. So, fixed! :)

These notes would be much more meaningful for me if a release date was associated with each version.

I guess no date is attached to these because it's assumed to be the current version, recently released. If you've got your copy of 1Password for Mac set to check automatically for updates, then unless you go for long stretches of time without ever opening your Mac (or at least opening 1Password), it will have been within the last few days, depending on when you last used 1Password. However, if you're ever curious, our version history server contains every release we've ever done, with those same release notes, and the date of release. You can check there if there's any uncertainty you want to clear up. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.