Cannot fin "Documents" to attach files

volcano2
volcano2
Community Member

I have 1Password 7 for Mac. From the documentation it appears that I can import files into my 1Password vault. It appears that all I have to do is to click on the + sign and then click on "Documents". However I cannot find "Documents" in the list of items to attach. Can someone tell me if I am doing it wrong or what is happening?

TIA

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @volcano2!

If you open 1Password for Mac and select File > New Item, do you see "Document" in the menu there?

• volcano2
    volcano2
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

I do not see "Document" in File > New Item.

• june8
    june8
    Community Member

Me neither.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@volcano2 and @june8

The Document category is only available for vaults stored on 1Password.com. Is it possible that, when you try to create a new item of type Document, you are trying to do it in a vault outside of a 1Password account, like the Primary vault?

You can check the currently active vault in the top left corner of the app.

• june8
    june8
    Community Member

My vault is Primary, thanks.

• Hu @june8,

Primary vaults are standalone vaults, so they do not have the Documents feature. They are available for 1Password memberships only. Standalone vaults do have attachments. To attach a file, edit an item, and you should see an attachment section at the bottom. You can either drag the file there, or click the button to select a file.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• volcano2
    volcano2
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana and @ag_kevin

Thank you so much for the clarification. I was trying to add the document to the Primary vault. I was able to attache it to a secure note.

Thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@volcano2 - you're quite welcome. Glad ag_ana and ag_kevin were able to shine some light on the subject for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.