Some big websites not working with Android Auto-fill in Firefox

Options
fritzophrenic
fritzophrenic
Community Member

Most of my websites in Firefox correctly pop up the 1Password auto-fill feature.

These in particular, do not:

• Amazon
  • Capital One

1Password never offers to auto-fill these websites in Firefox, I need to find the entry and copy-paste, or switch to the 1Password keyboard and tell it to fill for "Firefox" (I'm collecting quite a list of "Firefox" passwords in this way).

In addition:

• discussions.agilebits.com fills the password, but not the username, and I need to add a space and delete a character to show the website that I'm typing even after filling the password.

1Password Version: 1Password for Android 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0.0
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @fritzophrenic. Thanks for reporting this. I'm seeing the same behavior with Amazon and Capital One on my end, and I'll report this to our development team.

That said, I'm able to fill the password here in the forum. Can you try disabling and reenabling Autofill and let me know if that helps?

• fritzophrenic
    fritzophrenic
    Community Member
    Options

I tried disabling and re-enabling Autofill in my system settings, then tried logging in on mobile again (in Firefox). Here is what happens no discussions.agilebits.com's login page:

1. I tap on the username field. Firefox pops up my email address. I don't select that, because I want 1Password to fill it. But there is no 1Password popup.
    2. I tap on the password field. The 1Password autofill popup appears. I can tap it and select my credentials to fill.
    3. After tapping the autofill prompts, my password is filled. My username is not filled, although I definitely have a username in the entry in 1Password.
    4. Additionally, the password field has a colored background. I think it is yellow (I'm colorblind, it's possible it could be green).
    5. I manually type my username and tap "sign in"

Previously this would not sign me in. Apparently now it does. So that's good.

Previously, after step 4, I had to type a "space backspace" sequence or something in the password field to log in. This still changes the password field background to white, but apparently the login works now. I'm not sure what would have fixed it, but thanks. :)

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update! The yellow background is part of Autofill, and you'll see that in fields that have been filled. I'm glad to hear that the password is filling correctly now. I'll share the issue with the username filed not filling with our development team. Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.