Where is directories?

Options
miroff
miroff
Community Member

In a past there was directories, Where I kept in order all the records.
But now, it converted to tags, its functionality not comfortable, such as simple function collapse/expand each included item.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.5 (70205002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @miroff! Welcome to the forum!

You are correct, 1Password Memberships now use tags instead of folders. Tags offer the same functionality as folders, but they are also more flexible (you can apply multiple tags to the same item, for example, while with folders, an item can only go inside one folder). So you should be able to do everything with tags that you were doing with folders :)

its functionality not comfortable, such as simple function collapse/expand each included item.

Can you please give me some more details about what you mean by this?

• miroff
    miroff
    Community Member
    Options

My tags are like a tree (a lot of included nested trees)
    So, the list is long.
    When it was directories, I could shorten list by collapsing some directories
    But with tags no such opportunity.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@miroff - that's the case, currently. It's something we've got an issue filed for internally to allow disclosure triangles (carets), but I've nothing to report on it just yet. I'll definitely add your voice to the list of those wanting it, though! Thanks for letting us know and apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime. :)

ref: apple-596

• MIweb
    MIweb
    Community Member
    Options

I too miss the good old folders/directories.

As a web agency, we manage lots of websites: each in its own folder.
    Theses folders contain sub-folders for FTP/SSH access, databases credentials (3 items: dev, staging, live), backoffice credentials (at least 3, admin, me, my client) and other usefull entries.
    Now repeat this for each website and as for @miroff, the tree is long when managed using tags.
    Pleeeease, keep tags and bring back folders or find a nice UI to collapse tags.

Best regards

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @MIweb! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and share your use case and your wishes with us. We don't have any plans to bring back folders, but we do have a feature request in to make the tags structure collapsible/expandable. I don't have anything to share regarding specific timelines for when that might appear in an upcoming release, but it is definitely on our development team's radar.

This discussion has been closed.