1Password (Mac, Mojave, latest version) continually asks to login to update my password

Options
daleS
daleS
Community Member

I get this all the time. If ever there is a login/password field to be filled in 1Password pops up asking "Log in to save password".

How can I fix this?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@daleS - by unlocking 1Password. If you have 1Password installed on your Mac, and you've enabled "Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them" in 1Password's Preferences > Browsers, then that's the correct behavior - 1Password is doing what you told it to do. Or, rather, it's trying to do that, but it can't if it hasn't been unlocked. If you find yourself often manually typing in Login/Password data and NOT wanting any 1Password interaction, you might consider either using a different browser for that, which does NOT have the 1Password extension installed, or disabling the "Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them" button in 1Password's Preferences. Doing the latter, however, will ensure that 1Password never offers to save any information you fill into websites.

• derekwade
    derekwade
    Community Member
    Options

I see this same behavior. Update to Mojave 10.14.4.

These are the same user names and passwords I have been using for the same sites. Nothing "new" to detect or react to.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@derekwade: 1Password doesn't necessarily know if it's "new" or not if it's locked though. Do you encounter the same issue if 1Password is unlocked?

This discussion has been closed.