Any restrictions on secure document file types

Options
dorcih
dorcih
Community Member

Can I make any type of document secure in 1P? For instance can I save a "Pages" document or a "Numbers" document?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dorcih - if you have a 1password.com account, you can add (nearly) anything as a Document item to 1Password. If you're using standalone 1Password, you can add items as Attachments to other items, but not directly by themselves like you can with Documents. Typically, I'd create a Secure note with just a title and/or description of what the attachment is, then attach the file to that. Be aware, however, that you cannot EDIT these items within 1Password directly, and also that 1Password was never intended as a digital filing cabinet. If you've got a lot of items you'd like to encrypt or store securely, there are solutions more suited to that, such as client-side encrypted online file storage like Spider Oak or the like.

• dorcih
    dorcih
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars - Thx. I just have one file that I want to be available across all devices and I want to keep it secure so as long as the document can come from any application I'm fine. There's no need to edit the document.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dorcih - then you should be fine, presuming it's not something like a video file that's hundreds of megabytes or something like that. :)

This discussion has been closed.