1Password Internet Password Book [April Fools; we do not recommend dead trees for password storage]

Options
rlobrecht
rlobrecht
Community Member
edited April 2019 in Lounge

The funny thing about this book is that I've actually seen its competitor sold at our local Barnes & Noble. Yes, someone actually sells a hard bound journal specifically for saving passwords, and it is obvious from looking at the cover that is what it contains.

Yes, a unique secure password written down is better than a memorized unsecure (and likely reused) password, but do you really need a special book?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• gordcook
    gordcook
    Community Member
    Options

Umm, you do realize what the current date is, yes? ;)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gordcook - I'm guessing, based on his post, that @rlobrecht understands this post was a joke. It's "funny" in a sort of serious way in that you're entirely correct that you will indeed see these things sold at the checkout counter of bookstores and office supply stores or sometimes even regular drug stores, etc.

a unique secure password written down is better than a memorized unsecure (and likely reused) password, but do you really need a special book?

Well, right. But little books like these would only be the best option in a world where encrypted password managers did not exist. The best option of all is a single memorized, secure password (your Master Password), and a bunch of unique, secure passwords that you don't have to remember or even know -- and that's exactly what 1Password does for you: keeps your most important data secure behind the one password only you know.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I am very thankful for encryption technology, and being able to manage this stuff digitally, everywhere I go. :lol:

• gordcook
    gordcook
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars Reading the message again, I see that I missed @rlobrecht's point. Thanks for straightening me out. I suppose there might be a market for these among the demographic that uses little black books to store names, addresses, and phone numbers.

@brenty I, too, am happy for the solution provided by 1Password. And the fact that it's digital is so important: When I started using unique passwords, I could barely see my screen for all of the Post-It notes stuck to the monitor. :dizzy: LOL JK ;)

Thanks for all the hard work you all put into this solution: supporting it and making it better every day.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

ROFL

Nice. :)

Likewise, thanks for supporting what we do! We're incredibly blessed to have customers like you who are passionate about this stuff like we are -- and a sense of humour. ;)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, someone actually sells a hard bound journal specifically for saving passwords, and it is obvious from looking at the cover that is what it contains.

Might target "home users" (that only access the internet from home?):

Ask How-To Geek: What’s Wrong With Writing Down Your Password?

• Ben
    Options

Could be. :)

Ben

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

My handwriting is so bad, I would have to rest my password on of my accounts trying to read them.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@prime - heh. I'd probably have more than a few like that, myself. :) :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not sure I can even write at all anymore, without a computer. :crazy:

This discussion has been closed.