Auto Login Save

kappabear
kappabear
Community Member

Following the process of adding a new Login, I'm finding that 1Password no longer (or infrequently) prompts me to save my information.

1. Complete the requested information on the page
  2. Click the 1Password browser icon for 1Password, generate and fill a password

After doing the above, should I have to go back to 1Password, to the gear menu at select, Save New Login? Or Convert Password to Login? It's a wee bit tedious.

Is there something that I'm overlooking or forgotten?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 7.25
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019

@kappabear - you're not overlooking anything; there's currently a bug in 1Password 7 for Mac where using a generated password does not provide the necessary context back to the extension to offer to save the item. Sorry for the trouble. You'll find that if you type or paste in a password, then it works just as you've always grown accustomed to doing; this bug is limited to attempts to save a Login item based off a generated password that is auto-filled. If you generate a password for a site and instead of auto-filling it, copy it to the clipboard and paste it, then 1Password should offer to save the Login item for you.

We're hoping to have a real fix for this out in the not-too-distant future, so thank you for your patience until then, and thanks for reporting! :)

ref: apple-3359

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member

@Lars, thanks for the clarification.

• On behalf of Lars you're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.