No sync button

KevinGoldsmith
KevinGoldsmith
Community Member

My personal vault is stored on dropbox, my company has a subscription. On my work computer I sync'd to the company account and now the sync button isn't in preferences for me to use my personal vault. How do I get the sync button to be visible?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@KevinGoldsmith: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! With a 1Password membership account, like it sounds like you're using for work (with the Personal vault), there are no sync settings because all of that is handled through your account: you just need to be signed into your 1Password membership account on each device to access any data you've stored in it. It sounds like you have a different setup on your devices. Have you tried signing in?

https://support.1password.com/add-account/

Let me know what you find!

• KevinGoldsmith
    KevinGoldsmith
    Community Member

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I don't have a personal account, there is nothing to log into. My personal vault is sync'd using dropbox.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@KevinGoldsmith: Ah! Thanks for clarifying. I thought you had an (uppercase) Personal vault, but you just have a vault with your personal data in it then. Got it. :) In that case, you'd need to setup the app on each device to sync with that vault in Dropbox.

However, if you've got a 1Password membership through work, then my comments above still apply: you'd need to sign into your account on each device to access the data in the work account -- which should have a Private vault for you and also any company vaults shared with you. Does that help? :)

This discussion has been closed.