Add ability to manually sort Related Items?

Options
jmb679
jmb679
Community Member

Just a suggestion for a new feature. Many item categories (login, secure note, credit card, etc.) allow users to click the "Link Existing" button, when in edit mode for a specific item, in order to associate a document or another item with the item being edited. Great feature. It would be nice if the user could manually sort them.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.5 (70205002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmb679 - I'm not quite sure I understand. I think what you're asking for is the ability to sort the list of suggested existing items that pops up when you click Link Existing ? Or were you referring to being able to manually sort multiple linked items within the record itself once more than one has been added?

If it's the former, there is already a search bar there which can help narrow things down much more quickly than any re-ordering of the sort order, but I do agree it could potentially be helpful to sort by Date Added, especially if an item had been added with an inscrutable filename like what often gets appended to screenshots or photos, and you can't search by name. There's an internal issue already on file regarding allowing sorting by various methods including alpha and Date Added; I've added your thoughts to it, so thanks for taking the time to share them with us! :)

ref: apple-2963

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

I refer to being able to manually sort multiple linked items within the record itself once more than one has been added.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmb679 - ah, well, then I guessed wrong. ;) My apologies. That's something we can certainly consider, though I'd be curious to hear your use-case for it. We don't often get users with items that have more than one or two linked items. Do you find yourself regularly with more?

• jmb679
    jmb679
    Community Member
    Options

I link my online accounts, the ones that have my credit card information (Amazon, Apple, etc.) to my credit card. It is my way of keeping track of the accounts that have this information. I do the same for my bank checking account . . . I auto-pay utility bills using my checking account.

• Ben
    Options

@jmb679

Gotcha. I do a similar thing. :+1: Certainly if there is enough demand to be able to manually sort these links that's something we can have the development team look into. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Ben

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jmb679 - I'd also just add to what Ben said that this is an excellent case for tags as well. You can create a unique tag for each one of your payment methods (bank account, credit card, etc), and then tag each online shopping spot or what have you with the tag for the payment method you have on file there. Just an idea for you.

This discussion has been closed.