Won't fill in user name in IOS/Safari

BrianLund186
BrianLund186
Community Member

I'm brand new to 1Password and with some help from my so we got it setup and working on my desktop. We then turned to my iPad and iPhone. After some trial and error we got it to work, sort of. First on the iPad I and use fingerprint login for 1Password but on my iphone I'm not given that option and have to enter my master password each time. Second problem, on both devices when I select the web site to login to from 1 password it only fills in the password, not the user name. I have to fill that in manually. I'm running 1Password 7.3 on each device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Brian

1Password Version: 7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @BrianLund186

Welcome to 1Password. :) I'm sorry to hear you're having a little trouble getting started. Let's see what we can do to rectify that.

After some trial and error we got it to work, sort of. First on the iPad I and use fingerprint login for 1Password but on my iphone I'm not given that option and have to enter my master password each time

Can you please confirm you've followed all of the steps in our Touch ID guide on the iPhone?

Use Touch ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad

These instructions must be followed on each device you want to use Touch ID with 1Password on. The settings do not sync between devices.

Second problem, on both devices when I select the web site to login to from 1 password it only fills in the password, not the user name. I have to fill that in manually. I'm running 1Password 7.3 on each device.

The best way to use 1Password to fill sites is with Password AutoFill:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

This functionality is available by launching the Safari app (not the 1Password app), navigating to the login form you want to fill, and then selecting the 1Password login item you want to fill from the Password AutoFill interface on top of the keyboard.

I hope that helps. Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• BrianLund186
    BrianLund186
    Community Member

Ben,
    Thanks for the quick response. You were right on the Touch ID. I hadn’t set it up yet on my iPhone. Working fine now.
    However the other problem I still have. If I go to sight I’ve already setup and tap the username section and select the 1Password selection from the keyboard it puts the password in the username section unmasked. If I select the password field in the same scenario it puts the password in (masked) but doesn’t fill in the username. If I enter my username manually and use the password field for 1Password it puts in the password and I have to select the enter button to get in the site.

Brian

• Does this happen with every website?

Ben

• BrianLund186
    BrianLund186
    Community Member

Ben,
    Thanks and as a matter of fact no it doesn't. We had initially only setup three sites just to make sure everything was working OK. One was our Verizon account and the other two were Royal Carribean and Celebrity cruise sites. I just tried the Verizon login on my iPhone and it works as expected. Both the cruise sites don't work properly. They are the same company so I suspect the use similar if not identical backend programming and it's something on their sites that is doing it.

I'll carry on adding more sites and see how it goes and let you know.

Brian

• Thanks Brian. Will be interested to hear. :) I'm also a Royal Caribbean user and Password AutoFill had some trouble with their site for me too. Hopefully they'll fix up their form to be more compatible, or improvements to Password AutoFill will account for this kind of form in the future. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.