Importing 1Password 4 data to 1Password 7

Options

Your instructions are not very clear. I followed the migration instructions but none of my logins imported. How do I get my 1Password 4 logins and data imported into 1Password 7?

Also, why is my master password saved as a login in 1Password 7?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626 and 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kdoggett
    kdoggett
    Community Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Okay, I was able to import my data to 1Password 7 from 1Password 4. I did not see any instructions on how to do this on your website. I then followed the instructions to "add your account directly" and it removed all my data. How do I get my 1password data to the cloud? I used to use Dropbox to sync 1Password 4. Should I continue to use Dropbox or use 1Password's cloud?

I also now have duplicates of all my logins. How do I get rid of duplicates?

• If your'e seeing duplicates, @kdoggett, it's likely everything actually did migrate and you just need to remove your old Dropbox vault. Give this a check for me:

1. Open 1Password 7 and press Ctrl + D.
    2. Select Personal in your sidebar.

Do you see all of your data here? Any duplicates? If not:

1. Press Ctrl + D again and look for a vault under "On this PC".
    2. If you see on, select it and check to see if you see essentially the same items here as in Personal.

My guess is that you'll see everything in your Personal vault without any duplicates and see much the same thing in the vault under "On this PC". Let me know if I'm on the right track. :+1:

• kdoggett
    kdoggett
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, my data is displaying and there is a duplicate login for every single login, secure note, etc. I think I imported the data twice. How do I clear it out and reimport so that there are no duplicates?

• To clarify, @kdoggett, are you seeing duplicates when you only select your Personal vault as described in the first set of steps above? That would be a bit different that what I was expecting a require a different fix. Thanks! :+1:

• kdoggett
    kdoggett
    Community Member
    Options

No I see duplicates no matter what I click on.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kdoggett,

There is no easy way to get rid of duplicates in 1Password 7 for Windows (yet), but if you imported your data twice, please try to do the following:

1) Open and unlock 1Password 7 app on your Windows PC.

2) Switch to your Personal vault.

3) Select all the items in a list, press Ctrl + A. Then right-click any of the selected items and select "Move to Trash".

4) Lock 1Password 7 app and unlock it again.

After that:

5) Open and unlock 1Password 7 app again.

6) Go to 1Password > Import.

7) Select Agile Keychain or OPVault folder option and find your old local vault.

8) Enter the Master Password for that vault, select your Personal vault as the vault your data will be imported into and click Import.

Please let us know how it goes. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• kdoggett
    kdoggett
    Community Member
    Options

I no longer have any duplicates. Thank you. How do I sync through 1Password now instead of through Dropbox as I have been doing on previous versions?

• You won't need to do anything at all to sync @kdoggett. With a 1Password membership, 1Password takes care of that for you. Any device you want to sync up, just make sure to install 1Password and sign in with your account credentials and you'll be set:

https://support.1password.com/get-the-apps/

This discussion has been closed.