Difficulty filling logins

Options
PDarb
PDarb
Community Member
edited April 2019 in Mac

This is a general moan so please bear with me. I need to offload about 1P

For the last 15 or so years I'm sure, I have been a total evangelist for 1P It was my most-used, go-to app on all my macs and iPhone. I couldn't imagine a day without it. All passwords and logins were remembered, everything seemed automatic. I'd go to a login page, up would pop my username and login password, one or two clicks and I was in. Start a new login page? Easy, did it ONCE and 1P remembered it. Keep all of my important detail, accounts, etc etc safe? Easy, 1P did it. I never had to try to remember all of these details as that's what 1P did

It was just the best app ever.

NOW, however, I am close to hating it. What has happened? Everything that was previously easy or automatic is now an ordeal.

It hardly 'recognises' any of my usual login pages, When I need to log in, nothing is automatic, I need to go into 1P, type search, find the login or site name, click on 'fill' and even then, I will get nothing happening or "wrong username & password message". More often than not, it will fill in a password but no username. Many of the web pages and logins that I used to enter effortlessly now tell me that my details are wrong or that I am not a member. I don't even seem to see the usual 'do you want to add this username/password to 1p' window 100% of the time.

I use macs with chrome and safari but one seems the same as the other :-(

Everything 'online' now seems to take another 15 mins per website of registering, clicking password reminders, manually searching for old logins or whatever. I don't think that I have any "workflow" at all now.

Is this something to do with 1P v7? Or am I doing something very wrong. 1P was NEVER like this.

PS I have all of my macs, iPhone and iPad using the same 'Personal vault'

Thanks if you can hep or shed any light on this

Philip

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PDarb: Thanks for reaching out! I'm glad to hear that you've been enjoying 1Password for such a long time. I'm sorry that you haven't been recently, but the good news is that everything you're describing sounds entirely abnormal, so probably there is a solution. :)

However, to help you get sorted, we'll need some specifics:

1. OS version
    2. 1Password app version
    3. browser version
    4. 1Password extension version
    5. URL of a website where you're having trouble -- it's difficult to troubleshoot generalities or hypotheticals
    6. Do you have a 1Password membership subscription?
    7. Did you purchase a license for the 1Password app -- if so, which version?

This guide can help you find some information if you're not sure how:

Find your version

Please also tell me the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action. Often simply manually saving the login will save additional information that will allow 1Password to work, but I'll be happy to investigate once I know the details. Thanks in advance! :)

• PDarb
    PDarb
    Community Member
    Options

Hi brenty

Thanks for reply. Appreciated.

Details:

1P OS version 7.2.5

1Password app version iOS 7.3

browser version ??? 7.2.5 on mac osx

1Password extension version Don't know. Just latest extensions for 1P downloaded for safari and chrome about a week or so ago

URL of a website where you're having trouble -- it's difficult to troubleshoot generalities or hypotheticals

Haven't kept records of specifics but can do as I meet them. Absolutely not just 'one or two' I'd say almost every one I visit.

Do you have a 1Password membership subscription?

I don't know. I upgraded from 6 to 7. I think I may have a sub but I can't ee anywhere where it ells me that I have that OR a simple 'license'

Did you purchase a license for the 1Password app -- if so, which version? Yes, I thin so. The iPhone app? It says in 'accounts' there that I am 'subscribed. It says version 7.3

I'll keep notes and details of future 'issues and ad them to a later 'reply' to this. Thanks a lot

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PDarb - OK, thanks for the additional information. All of that seems correct; the current version(s) of 1Password 7 for Mac, 1Password 7 for iOS and your Safari extension (which, as of version 7, is part of the main 1Password application and thus has the same version number, unlike in the past or what's still the case with Firefox and Chrome, where the extension version is still 4.7.3.90).

So I'm not sure what might be causing the difficulty; you're using current versions of 1Password, that should be the most compatible with current versions of macOS and iOS -- are you running macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) and Safari 12?

• PDarb
    PDarb
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. Using Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226)

And safari 12.1

Cheers and best wishes,

Philip

Hi brenty

Thanks for reply. Appreciated.

Details:

1P OS version 7.2.5

1Password app version iOS 7.3

browser version ??? 7.2.5 on mac osx

1Password extension version Don't know. Just latest extensions for 1P downloaded for safari and chrome about a week or so ago

URL of a website where you're having trouble -- it's difficult to troubleshoot generalities or hypotheticals

Haven't kept records of specifics but can do as I meet them. Absolutely not just 'one or two' I'd say almost every one I visit.

Do you have a 1Password membership subscription?

I don't know. I upgraded from 6 to 7. I think I may have a sub but I can't ee anywhere where it ells me that I have that OR a simple 'license'

Did you purchase a license for the 1Password app -- if so, which version? Yes, I thin so. The iPhone app? It says in 'accounts' there that I am 'subscribed. It says version 7.3

I'll keep notes and details of future 'issues and ad them to a later 'reply' to this. Thanks a lot

• Ben
    Options

Hi @PDarb

It says in 'accounts' there that I am 'subscribed.

That would indicate that you have a 1Password membership, yes. Great. :+1:

It hardly 'recognises' any of my usual login pages, When I need to log in, nothing is automatic, I need to go into 1P, type search, find the login or site name, click on 'fill' and even then, I will get nothing happening or "wrong username & password message". More often than not, it will fill in a password but no username. Many of the web pages and logins that I used to enter effortlessly now tell me that my details are wrong or that I am not a member. I don't even seem to see the usual 'do you want to add this username/password to 1p' window 100% of the time.

Could you please check the items you have trouble with and make sure that:

1. They have a website field on them that contains a URL which matches the URL of their login page?
    2. The username and password recorded are indeed correct (e.g. copying and pasting from 1Password into the login form allows you to log in)

Also please make sure the built-in password management features of your web browsers are disabled: https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

Please let us know.

Ben

• PDarb
    PDarb
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ben. Have turned these off in safari and chrome BUT I'm worried as they actually work and are really useful. Will 1P do these jobs for me as automatically, eg filling in credit card bits etc?

• Ben
    Options

1Password can fill credit cards and identities for you, yes:

Use 1Password to save and fill credit cards and addresses

Ben

This discussion has been closed.