Close Account

Options
fishfin
fishfin
Community Member

I installed V7 and it set up the account on the server. If I close this account and revert to a single V7 license on the mac will the data that is on the server be deleted? Will the data remain on the vault on the local mac?

Also, I noticed that V7 doesn't do the full logon automatically - ie the return key isn't triggered and I must click logon compared to the V6 process that did it all automatically - at least for most sites. This strikes me as a pretty big downgrade in functionality. Is it supposed to work this way or is it something I've done wrong?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 2
OS Version: 10.14.4
Sync Type: cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fishfin! Welcome to the forum!

I installed V7 and it set up the account on the server. If I close this account and revert to a single V7 license on the mac will the data that is on the server be deleted?

Yes.

Will the data remain on the vault on the local mac?

Only in cached form. As soon as this computer goes back online, it will be deleted.

If you want to close your account, you need to export data out of it before you delete it.

Also, I noticed that V7 doesn't do the full logon automatically - ie the return key isn't triggered and I must click logon compared to the V6 process that did it all automatically - at least for most sites. This strikes me as a pretty big downgrade in functionality. Is it supposed to work this way or is it something I've done wrong?

This is a macOS Mojave change, rather than a 1Password one. In Mojave, Apple removed the feature that allowed us to also submit credentials for security reasons, so now 1Password can fill your items, but you will have to press the Enter key to submit (which also helps avoid accidental submissions).

This discussion has been closed.