Second login page with varying input

I've a login in a banking site which consists of two pages, First page is a "normal" username/password page, the second asks randomly for 2 digits out of 6 digit password. It'sclear that 1password can't fill the second page but 1PW always asks me to times wether the login should be updated. First after entering the 2nd page and the second time after leaving the 2nd page. I don't want to "never update" the login information, because I still want an update question if I change the "normal" password.
I hope I described my problem comprehensible.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Dieter59!

First after entering the 2nd page and the second time after leaving the 2nd page.

So, if I understood correctly, 1Password is prompting you to update your Login item twice, once per page? Once after entering the password, and once after entering the digits on page two?

• Dieter59
    Dieter59
    Community Member

Yes and no ;-)
    The first page asks me for uid/pw and I let enter uid/pw 1PW by shortcut - that works ok.
    Then the 2nd page loads and I have to type 2 of 6 digits on a virtual num-pad. I attach a screenshot for better comprehension.
    After typing the 2nd digit 1PW asks for an update - I select "not now" and when I submit the page by clicking ">Anmelden" 1PW asks a 2nd time (see 2nd screenshot)

• Dieter59
    Dieter59
    Community Member

Yes and no ;-)
    The first page asks me for uid/pw and I let enter uid/pw 1PW by shortcut - that works ok.
    Then the 2nd page loads and I have to type 2 of 6 digits on a virtual num-pad. I attach a screenshot for better comprehension.
    After typing the 2nd digit 1PW asks for an update - I select "not now" and when I submit the page by clicking ">Anmelden" 1PW asks a 2nd time (see 2nd screenshot)

• Dieter59
    Dieter59
    Community Member

Yes and no ;-)
    P.S. I want to attach two screeenshots but it doesn't work. The message is: You are not allowed to upload files in this category"

• Any chance you would be able to share the URLs for the two pages of this form, @Dieter59 ? I know I won't be able to access the second one since I don't have an account there, but what I'm wondering is if the domains might maybe be sufficiently different that you could tell 1Password to never save on the second page without the risk that you will lose out on future update prompts when you genuinely change the password. Knowing the URL will also help me check for any known issues that might save you some time testing if we're already aware of the issue and know it will need to be addressed on our end. :+1:

• Dieter59
    Dieter59
    Community Member

First URL is : https://banking.ing.de/app/login/login/key?x=fYn...
    2nd is: https://banking.ing.de/app/login?x=fhJ....

I'm pretty sure that posting the complete query-string won't help

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @Dieter59!

I hope I am wrong, but the two URLs look too similar, I don't think there is a way to tell 1Password to ignore just one of the two without ignoring the other one too :(

This discussion has been closed.