Crash on QR Code read

Options

Hi Guys, I'm using the client for Windows and when I want to read a QR code from the screen, the application will crash. The way around it so far is to snip tool, save and get 1Password to import from image.

Are you guys aware of the issue? are there some logs I can provide perhaps?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• We're aware that the QR scanner isn't working at the moment, @Seafood, but I'm not certain that we've seen a crash before. I gave it a test myself to be sure and while I'm still seeing the QR isn't read, I'm not seeing a crash. Could you tell me more about what you were attempting to scan? Were you signing into a 1Password account? Setting up 2FA for a Login item? If the latter, could you share the site you were adding 2FA for or are you seeing it for everything? In the end, the QR scanner is going to need a rework anyway, so it may be neither here nor there, but better to get it reproduced so we at least know what's leading to the crash and can ensure it's addressed when we fix things up. :+1: Thanks!

• Seafood
    Seafood
    Community Member
    Options

So I'm Signed in to my 1Password account and I'm adding a 'one time use' code to a login - I click on the QR icon and select 'from my screen' - every time the application will crash.

It doesn't matter what site is open in the background because it instantly crashes when I click 'from my screen' - if there's some sort of debug mode I can put the app to to get logs, I'd be happy to shoot those over?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Seafood,

I just sent you an email with the instructions on how you can create a Diagnostics Report from 1Password 7 on your PC. Please check your inbox.

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

ref: DMX-54298-287

• Seafood
    Seafood
    Community Member
    Options

Cheers Greg, I've replied to the support email and referenced the thread here :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Seafood,

Thank you for the report! We will take a closer look and get back to you via email. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

• Seafood
    Seafood
    Community Member
    Options

Hey guys,

I know this is a super old thread, but I wanted to update that I think I found the problem - or at least can reproduce it... I was using an LG 5k screen on Windows (which are technically not really compatible) and I'm thinking something to do with the resolution or could even be a graphics driver thing. Just wanted to let you guys know as a bit of an FYI - I'm using an Acer 4k monitor now with no issues.

• That could certainly play a role, @Seafood, but the ultimate root cause is the QR scanner itself. It's having some struggles finding the edge of things. I have a LG 1440 ultrawide so nice, but not particularly high res and the QR scanner is dodgy at best for me too. We've just gotta swap to something else and that's that. Now, with that said, I don't see a crash so it's distinctly possible resolution plays a role in whether you see the code simply fail to scan or a genuine crash. Regardless, fixing up the scanner should net improvements across the board and hopefully that will include fancy monitors like that 5k display. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.