To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Backups through 1Password?

Flosch
Flosch
Community Member

Dear 1Password team,

I think 1Password is really awesome and use it several times a day - really a fantastic product.
I'm just wondering if 1Password backs up customer data or would all my passwords be gone in the event of a 1Password crash?

Many greetings from Germany,
Flo

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Flosch,

Everything in your 1Password account is automatically backed up every day. Additionally each of your devices keeps a cache of your data, so that if you (or we) are offline you can still access it. The cache is not a backup, per se, but it does speak to the resilience of the service.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• To clarify: the above is true if using a 1Password membership (subscription). If using 1Password "standalone" with a license then we (AgileBits) do not store your data, and you would not have an "account" with us. Most folks are using a membership at this point, and it is the default way in which new customers are brought onto the 1Password platform, but I hope this helps clarify for anyone else who might be reading that may have been confused by that point.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.