Missing items in Windows app?

Options

I tweetet at you earlier (

but haven't got a response, so here i goes :)

I only have 40 items in total in my vault on Windows. On my iPhone and Macbook I have 491 items. It has worked earlier, so something has gone wrong. Any quick fix?

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90 (Firefox)
OS Version: Windows 10 1809
Sync Type: 1Password (family account)

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jramskov: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Your 1Password account will only sync data you've stored in it. How many items do you see when signing into your account on 1Password.com in your browser?

https://start.1password.com

Do you have a Primary vault in 1Password on any of your devices?

• jramskov
    jramskov
    Community Member
    Options

Ahh...I see you point, sadly that's not the cause - I have 491 items in total in my vaults on https://start.1password.com, which syncs fine to my iPhone and my Macbook. I have had 1Password on this Windows machine for a long time (many months), it's not until recently it started behaving weirdly.

• jramskov
    jramskov
    Community Member
    Options

More mystery. It seems it can see the data somehow! I'm typing this on the Windows machine and had to manually enter the username and password (found on my iPhone) because 1Password couldn't find it. I entered my email address as username instead of my username (both can be used for login), but that triggered the "1Password - Save Login" dialog and it asks me whether I want to "Update existing". In other words, it can see my data sometimes?! I couldn't find the account when I needed it to logon and it is no where to be found in the 1Password app on my Windows machine either.

This is a slightly wierd bug :chuffed:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jramskov,

If you can sign in to your account on 1Password.com in the browser and see all of your data there, please try to do the following on your PC:

1. Sign in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com website using Chrome or Firefox.

2. Click on your account name on the top right to select "Get the Apps" and keep this page open.

3. Close 1Password 7 if it is running by right-clicking on the 1Password icon in the notification area to select "Exit".

4. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password

5. Rename the "data" folder to "backup-data".

6. Open 1Password 7 again and switch to your web browser with your 1Password.com account. Scroll down to Step 2 and click on the blue button that says "Already have the app? Add your account directly".

7. Unlock 1Password 7 and wait for it to finish sync. When you first unlock the app, the vault will be empty, but please give it time to finish sync and DO NOT close the app during this time.

Please let me know how it goes. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• jramskov
    jramskov
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! That fixed it, got all 491 items back :+1:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jramskov: Great news! :chuffed: I am glad to hear that it worked.

Feel free to reach out to us anytime, we are always ready to help you with 1Password. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.