Alfred Integration

Carl
Carl
Community Member
Just updated to Alfred 1.2 (from MAS) and looked and looked for the 1Password integration in the Alfred Prefs but do not see anything. What am I missing?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    It requires the Powerpack which is only available from the version of Alfred on their website:

http://www.alfredapp.com/powerpack/

Worth every penny (or pence as the case may be). :)
  • macvanhaus
    macvanhaus
    Community Member
    So you may want to add this to your Alfred page. People may like to know beforehand that, to use the feature, they are required to pay for the Powerpack, and not find it later. Just a bit misleading.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    It is a feature of Alfred not 1Password, so we don't really have an "Alfred page" since it isn't part of 1Password. I'm sorry if there was any confusion. For further questions about Alfred, you may want to contact the great folks at Running With Crayons, Alfred's developers:

Click Here for Alfred Support

If you are having any trouble with 1Password, I would love to help. Please let me know!
  • horseman
    horseman
    Community Member
    macvanhaus wrote:
    So you may want to add this to your Alfred page. People may like to know beforehand that, to use the feature, they are required to pay for the Powerpack, and not find it later. Just a bit misleading.

Oh Nuts! :( fwiw I wasted 40min(re-indexing) thinking this was a viable (free) trial as inferred by Dave Tear's email before I reached the same inevitable conclusion.
    Quite understand Agile are not responsible as Alfred is not part of 1P's otherwise excellent portfolio (what a shame in itself ;) ) otherwise Dave would have no doubt covered this unfortunate "ommission" and stipulated the pre-requisite anyway.
    Pity really as I consider Daves "head-ups" are always worth trying but this particular scenario and lack of "PowerPack" trial has unfortunately dropped his superlative reputation just a smidgeon in my eyes….. (just for the sake of adding a "NOTE You'll need the fee paying PowerPack extension to try this at home children!")

Unfortunately the side effect is Alfred also get's tossed in perpetuity along with the baby's bath water as I don't buy applications on basis of crippled part featured demo, despite it leveraging such an excellent product as 1Password! :(
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    At this time there is not a free trial of the Powerpack. However, the free version of Alfred is a great representation of what to expect from the features in the Powerpack. Many of us at AgileBits use and love Alfred + Powerpack. If you enjoy the free version and want to support independent Mac developers while gaining 1Password integration and many more great features, I'd say you can't go wrong.

But in the end it is your money. You'll have to do what is right for you based on your needs, wants, and wallet.

If you're interested in a trial version of the Powerpack, I'd encourage you to contact Running With Crayons via the link I posted above. I know they always appreciate feedback just like we do. :)

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with. Enjoy your weekend!
This discussion has been closed.