Getting 1Password data from iOS to Windows

I first installed the 1password app for my iPhone and entered a bunch of passwords. I then installed the windows version.

I have some trouble getting my 1password data from my iPhone to my windows computer. I followed the instructions in the tutorial "Getting 1Password data from iOS to Windows". The tutorial ended saying that one of two things would happen. Either the sync would work and the windows installation would get the iPhone data, or the sync would work but everything would get deleted. I experience a third outcome. There is no sync between my windows installation and my iPhone app. I have passwords on my iPhone, but none on my computer.

In the windows application - in preferences:
xxxxxxxxxxx\Dropbox\1Password.agilekeychain

On my iPhone app - settings - sync
Dropbox = On

I can hit "Sync now" on iPhone, but nothing really happens. The dropbox folder on my computer doesn't start syncing.

Windows 7
ios 4.3.5

I appreciate all help!
Thank you!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, levikristoffer. Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having this problem. Let's get it squared away. :)

When you say that "noting really happens" does that mean there is not even an error message?

The first thing I would try is simply resetting Dropbox syncing. Make sure you are using the same Dropbox account in Windows and in 1Password on your iPhone, then in the 1Password iPhone app tap:

Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset

If you are still having trouble, please try adding a file to your Dropbox folder. It could be anything — a picture, a document, etc. Then visit https://dropbox.com and see if it shows up on the Dropbox web interface.

Please let me know how it goes.
  • Thank you for your reply!

There is no error message. I press "Sync now" on my iPhone in Dropbox Sync. I unlock with my master password and press "Sync now" again. It goes back to the screen before as if everything was ok.

I know I have the same Dropbox account in Windows and in 1password on my iPhone. I've been using Dropbox a few months, so I'm familiar with it. I know that my Dropbox works. The folder 1Password.agilekeychain is both on my hard drive and on dropbox.com.

I followed the steps in the tutorial very closely. I've been over it several times. Could it be a problem with my iOS? Or the install?

Thank you again! I look forward to using 1password!!
  • I also tried resetting the Dropbox Sync, like you said. Nothing is changed.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? Select **Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File** from the menu bar in 1Password. Then attach the report to an email to our support AT agilebits.com address. Once we see your report we should be able to help more.

One thing you might want to try while awaiting a response is creating a new data folder from the File menu in 1Password for Windows. Then reset Dropbox syncing once more. Again, in the 1Password iPhone app tap:

Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset
  • I created a new 1pass with my windows application. It works now!! Thank you very much for your help!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Great! Thanks for the update to let me know everything is working well. :D

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.