Making iPhone 1Password link to iMac 1Password

Options
sydman
sydman
Community Member

I have used 1Password for so long and was an early adopter, so early it was before the "key". I bought my 1Password as a stand alone directly from Agile.

My issue is:

I have 1Password for Mac on my iMac. It speaks to my Dropbox account and backups perfectly.
I also have 1Password for Mac on my iPhone, but it does not (currently) link to the same account and does not, therefore update. When I try to make it link I am asked for the "Key", which as I have said above, I do not have because I purchased 1Password BEFORE that was an option.

I have tried many times to resolve this, but I have come to realise that I do not have the knowledge or experience to solve this by myself.

Could someone please assist me to make my iPhone link/relate to my desktop iMac 1Password account?

All advice would be gratefully received.

Kind regards
Syd

1Password Version: Version 7
Extension Version: 7.3
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019
    Options

@sydman: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! You would only have an account at all if you've signed up for a 1Password membership subscription, and it sounds like you haven't. That's also the only way you'd have a Secret Key or Sign In Address. So while I'd recommend a 1Password membership since that would be a lot more seamless for you, if your plan is to continue using 1Password without a membership (to sync your own data and purchase each version separately), you'd need to set it up with your existing vault or create a new one. Since it sounds like you've already got your vault in Dropbox, you just need to select that option when setting up the app on your iPhone. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• sydman
    sydman
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you,

I will look into that taking on board your advice.

Syd

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of brenty, you are welcome! Let us know how that goes :)

This discussion has been closed.