The "filling brain" is giving me a headache...

chinfuzzy
chinfuzzy
Community Member

Is there a more detailed description of how the "filling brain" decides what to suggest and in what order than what's in the 1P for Mac 7.3 release notes?

"Powered by machine learning, 1Password analyzes the web page and suggests the items you're most likely to need on that page - all without your information leaving your computer. What this means is that when you're on a shopping cart page buying that brand new bespoke artisanal handmade coffee cup cozy, 1Password mini will have your credit card ready and waiting for you."

For some financial websites, I have one or more login entries, plus entries for each security question. 1Password mini suggests lots of entries, and usually the one I need is far down the list. If I knew what it looks for, I could modify the entries to be more likely to match.

Here's an example:

https://www.citizensbank.com/HomePage.aspx

Clicking "Login" takes me to:

https://www3.citizensbankonline.com/efs/servlet/efs/login.jsp

Unfortunately, that URL matches upwards of a dozen entries! And the one with the latest login credentials (not security questions, not leftover generated passwords) is ninth in the list of suggestions.

Thanks,
Bob

1Password Version: 7.3.1.BETA-4
Extension Version: 4.7.4.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@chinfuzzy - there's a difference between the machine learning that takes place to look for and analyze other elements (such as credit card fields), and how the Login items themselves are ordered. That logic hasn't changed much with the new brain, and it works in this order:

1. Favorited Logins (these will appear first).
    2. Exact match Logins (where the primary website field is an exact match for the URL of the current page)
    3. Logins which match the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) - i.e. where both the domain and any subdomain match
    4. Logins which match only the domain name.

If something's appearing 9 places down, my suspicion is that the ones in front of it are either favorites or better matches for the URL of the page in question. Could that be a possibility?

• Piggy
    Piggy
    Community Member

I have 13 favorites and they appear first as per above. Previous to 7.3, the exact match that appeared after the favorites sort of stood out. I could easily spot it due to the break in the list. This is no longer the case with 7.3. I have to scan the list and look for my last 2 favorites which stand out because of the different color icons. The usability in my case was better with 7.3.

1P Mini correctly suggests the correct login but that's it. It doesn't offer an option to use it; it doesn't highlight it; I have to scroll down to find it and click on it or type enough of the name to filter & match. Need a button or something here to simplify choosing the correct (suggested) login and filling the form.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Piggy:

1P Mini correctly suggests the correct login but that's it. It doesn't offer an option to use it; it doesn't highlight it;

Can you please share a screenshot of 1Password mini suggesting the correct item without highlighting it?

• Piggy
    Piggy
    Community Member

@ag_ana Not publicly. I'll DM you tomorrow.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Piggy: Please shoot us an email at support+mac@1password.com -- that will get it to the team working on this right off the bat. Knowing the URL saved in the Login item and the one you're at in the browser will help a lot. Thanks! :)

• Piggy
    Piggy
    Community Member

@brenty Done.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Piggy - thanks! One of us will be with you shortly via email. :)

This discussion has been closed.