Master password required multiple times if opened from app

Options
marko298
marko298
Community Member

I have "unlock with touch id" feature enabled on my iPad and iPhone. When I reboot devices and the open app it requires a master password, next time it asks only touch id. But if I reboot the device and don't open 1password but open, for example, chrome press autofill button "password" on the keyboard and small window pops-up with 1password. It requires a master password but will never remember it and will keep asking it on every window pop-up, until I open the 1password app and enter the master password there

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 12.3.1, IpadOS 13
Sync Type: 1password servers

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marko298! Welcome to the forum! :)

What you are describing here is expected behavior. In order for AutoFill to work as you expect, you need to unlock the main 1Password app first. Once you have entered your Master Password there once, the following times you will only be prompted for your TouchID (both in the 1Password app and in Password AutoFill).

If you launch AutoFill before unlocking the main 1Password app, you will keep being prompted for your Master Password there, until you unlock the main 1Password app at least once.

• marko298
    marko298
    Community Member
    Options

This behavior can be changed? This is very annoying

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marko298, not that I know of I am afraid.

As I mentioned above in order for AutoFill to work as you expect, you need to unlock the main 1Password app first. This is the only way to change the behavior, because it's the main 1Password app that handles authentication and TouchID, once you have successfully entered your Master Password once.

This discussion has been closed.