Manual refresh of items list

Options
wizard86pz
wizard86pz
Community Member
edited June 2019 in iOS

Hi all,
a simple scroll down to the bottom allows the user to refresh the items list in any category...in Android app. I've not found any way to do that in iOS app.

Am I wrong or it does not exist on the app?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wizard86pz,

I'm not aware of any such function. It shouldn't be necessary to manually refresh the list. Under what circumstances are you finding yourself in a position where you'd want / need to do that?

Ben

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi Ben!
    I edit an item from my macbook while iOS app is opened. I do not see the item updated on iOS. I do not see a new item either, when I add a new item on macbook. I need a refresh.

While I think this is the right way to work for 1Password service/app (since are cached different DB version on apps/devices), I think would be appreciated not just by me this possibility on iOS...since is present in Android.

• Ben
    Options

I see. Thanks @wizard86pz. Do you notice the same problem in reverse? I.E. If you add a new item on the iPhone does it appear without a manual refresh on the Mac?

Ben

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

I've tested not exactly that: macbook app seems to receive a "ping" server side, since every time I edit something from windows, the change is perfectly seen on macbook too. Any change. I do not do any manual refresh on macbook app. Is it possible to do that?

But, for the exact request you made, I've not edited something on iOS (nor Android) and checked if was updated on macbook (not WIndows), without a manual refresh.

I'll let you know in about 4h, if you need this info.

• Ben
    Options

macbook app seems to receive a "ping" server side

That is what is supposed to happen, yes. Thanks. I'll check with our development team and see if there are any improvements that we can consider for the iOS side of things.

Ben

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    Options

SORRY for false alarm.

I've checked again from a different network, and ANY change of ANY item is synced and updated on ANY device with app uncloked in that moment.

Great.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear it is working better now. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.