I have to put in my password for the account, never had to do this

Ron Greco
Ron Greco
Community Member

When I had 6 all I did was rt. click then got the site. Now I have to copy the password then enter, more complicated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I recently got ver 7, complicated

Comments

• Ron Greco
    Ron Greco
    Community Member

Why doesn't the open without more effort

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Ron Greco,

So I don't know for certain but I suspect 1Password 7 is in read-only mode. 1Password 7 is our first paid update since 1Password 4 and so any previous licence wouldn't enable all the normal features. There are two ways in which full functionality can be restored in 1Password 7.

1. A 1Password account. This is a subscription based service we offer where we host your encrypted data and as part of the subscription you have access to the latest 1Password on all supported platforms.
    2. A 1Password 7 licence for those that do not want a 1Password account.

We do promote the 1Password account as the best option for the user. A 1Password account tries to remove all the pain of syncing, removes needing to worry about backups or redundancy and means you can always use the most recent version of 1Password. The first part of our support page Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac talks about this.

Is it possible this is why you're finding filling isn't working and does the above help at all? If you have questions please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.