Bug Report: Fast-User Switching And Keyboard Shortcuts

Hello,

First of all great product.. I love it! I'd like to report a bug that I have been unable to find a good fix for. I'm on the latest MAS version.. Essentially, I have two user accounts (not admins) and both of us use 1Password. Neither of us can use keyboard shortcuts and sometimes the wrong keychain logins pop up on the wrong user when using fast-user switching. I think this is related to the 1Password Helper running under the other username but I'm unable to kill the process without su'ing to my admin account.

One last thing: everything worked fine until I convinced my wife to start using 1Password.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, bstevens24! Thank you for the kind words. I'm sorry that you have run into some trouble.

The issue with the keyboard shortcuts is one we hope to resolve in the future. In the meantime, you can either make sure you do not have the same browser running in both accounts at the same time or always use different a different browser in each account (Safari, Firefox, or Chrome).

It should not be possible to get any data mixed up between two different 1Password installations from different user accounts, though. File permissions and other factors should prevent this.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please send us Diagnostics Reports — one from each OS X account?

In 1Password 3.8, just select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report from the menu bar.

If you are using 1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store), you'll need to follow the instructions here:

http://support.agilebits.com/kb/troubleshooting/create-a-diagnostics-report-to-help-agilebits-help-you

Then attach the entire file to an email to support AT agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.
This discussion has been closed.