To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Issue logging into another account

amandal
amandal
Community Member

I'm new to 1password and need to login to my client's account and my own. He's had an account for a while and stores all of his info there. I logged into his account on my computer and it's not showing that he as any accounts saved...there is only the 1password login in there.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't I be able to see everything?

Comments

• Brian
    Brian
    1Password Alumni

Hi there, @amandal !

Sorry for the troubles with logging into multiple accounts! To start, there's a couple of different things that we can try to figure this out:

1. Please make sure that your client is storing their items in their 1Password.com account. Your client may be storing their items in a different account or in a local vault, so please make sure that they're storing their items in the account that they are having you sign into.
    2. Please make sure that you have the correct vaults selected in “All Vaults.” It’s possible that some vaults might have been excluded from the “All Vaults” view, so please head over to the “Vaults” section of your 1Password settings to confirm that the correct vaults are selected for the “All Vaults” view.

If those don’t work, no worries. Feel free to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Thanks, and have a great rest of your day!
    Brian

• amandal
    amandal
    Community Member

Ok, thanks. I checked in vaults and all are showing but still no passwords.

If he is storing them locally, how do I ask him to send them to me?

• If he is storing them locally, how do I ask him to send them to me?

He would need to move or copy the items into the vault he has shared with you:

Move and copy items

If he has a 1Password.com account he shouldn't have a "Primary" vault on his devices at all. If he does please encourage him to reach out to us to resolve that.

Ben

• amandal
    amandal
    Community Member

He hasn't shared anything with me though. As I indicated on my first post, he gave me his credentials so I can log in and manage his passwords directly but I'm still not seeing anything in there.

• amandal
    amandal
    Community Member

I'm not sure what you mean by primary vault either. How do I find out if he has that?

• @amandal

That would seemingly indicate he has not successfully migrated his data to his account:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I'm not sure what you mean by primary vault either. How do I find out if he has that?

The vault would literally be named "Primary." You can look for it in the vault switcher at the top left corner of the app.

Ben

• amandal
    amandal
    Community Member

Ok, thank you. He did tell me that he's been using 1Password for several years so I will ask him about this.

• Great. Please let us know if we can help further. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.