Downloaded version vs Mac App Store Version of 1Password 7?

Other than the lack of a stand-alone licence option in the Mac App Store option what are the pros and Cons of the downloaded version vs Mac App Store Version of 1Password 7? Also are there any issues if I never update beyond Mac OS 10.13?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:app store

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @lmiller217

I'd be happy to help answer those questions.

Other than the lack of a stand-alone licence option in the Mac App Store option what are the pros and Cons of the downloaded version vs Mac App Store Version of 1Password 7?

That's really the primary difference. :) Other factors are:

• Updates in the App Store are reviewed and delivered to you by Apple
    • If you'd like to pay for a 1Password membership within the app that'll be processed by Apple, and they would handle any billing inquiries

Also are there any issues if I never update beyond Mac OS 10.13?

If you never update beyond 10.13 you'll almost definitely have issues. It is unlikely any software you use will work indefinitely going forward while other software is updated/changed around it. If you were to be willing to be "frozen in time," so to speak, and never update or install any new software, then perhaps that would be a realistic expectation. But for security reasons that's really not a feasible option, unless you're not going to be connected to the internet. The nature of software is that it needs to be updated somewhat frequently in order to avoid security issues and to maintain compatibility with other software you may wish to use which is also being updated. We can't recommend using an older version. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.