purchasing flow - jump to credit cards

jadlin
jadlin
Community Member

Hi,

When purchasing items online, upon reaching the "enter credit card info" stage, I often (but not always...?) find hitting "⌘\" doesn't jump to credit cards. Instead, 1P treats these pages as if I'm trying to log in, or want to search for a login.

Do I recall this working better in past iterations of 1P?

If the software wasn't able to parse out what I needed any better in the past, I do know the path to credit card info was much easier. There was a static menu on the left side. Now it's a dropdown menu, meaning I have to select the (relatively small) dropdown box, then find "credit cards" (always takes a few looks), then again, highlight this relatively small space with the cursor. On those unfortunate sites where the autofill won't work and I need to pull each string of information, this process is repeated two or three times.

A small-but-annoying task.

Any suggestions for how to work around this, or reconfigure preferences somewhere so I have a static menu on the left?

1Password Version: 7.3.3 beta-0
Extension Version: 7.3.3 beta-0
OS Version: OSX 10.14.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jadlin,

The keyboard shortcut ⌘\ is designed to automatically fill the page if it finds a single best match within the Login item category. It will only display 1Password mini if it finds two or more equal matches within the Login item category or no match at all. To access 1Password mini for the purpose of filling with a Credit Card or Identity item you'll find the alternative keyboard shortcut ⌥⌘\ much better as its primary purpose is simply to display 1Password mini and allow the you as the user to choose what you want to do.

If you're a fan of the keyboard shortcuts then you might find our support page 1Password keyboard shortcuts of interest as it has a full breakdown :smile:

This discussion has been closed.