Can I use my 1Password from my iMac on my laptop for vacation?

jsleland
jsleland
Community Member

Currently when I attempt to sync 1Password on my laptop it comes up with my wife's name and says account frozen. She doesn't have a 1password account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jsleland
    jsleland
    Community Member

1Password version is 7.3.2
    OS version is macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Sync type is through dropbox

• Hi @jsleland

Welcome to the 1Password Support Forum. I'd be happy to help you get set up so that you'll be able to access your 1Password data while you're on vacation. The fact that you're using Dropbox complicates things slightly... they recently implemented a 3-device limit for free accounts. Are you using a free Dropbox account, or do you have a subscription through them? If you're using a free account, do you have less than 3 devices that you want to sync? If you have more than 3 it may be worth considering transitioning to a 1Password membership.

it comes up with my wife's name and says account frozen

Perhaps she signed up for a trial at some point?

In any event, I think the best way to get an idea of how to answer this question for you is to start by taking a look 'under the hood.' To facilitate that I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/106103/can-i-use-my-1password-from-my-imac-on-my-laptop-for-vacation#latest
    • Your forum username: jsleland

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.