When I import my CSV, it's interpreting the header row as a data row

wi11iamm
wi11iamm
Community Member

I've exported my data from passpack. I've saved it as a CSV. I've labeled the header rows as required by your importer. I've tried 3x now and it keeps interpreting the header row as a data row, causing the import to screw up. I know it's treating the header row as data because I have a 1password entry called "title" etc, etc.

Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:When I import my CSV, it's interpreting the header row as a data row

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2019

@wi11iamm ,

The native 1Password CSV importer does not need a header row - rather, it uses a prescribed field order, as per the How to create a 1Password compatible CSV file article.

On the other hand, the csv converter in the converter suite does use a header row to define the meaning of the columns. But if you are using the converter suite, you can use its passpack converter.

Which one are you using?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @wi11iamm,

I've moved your query to what I'm hoping is a slightly more applicable section. If you're not a Mac user please say. Otherwise MrC is a fountain of knowledge on this topic so you can't be in a more capable pair of hands :smile:

This discussion has been closed.