No option to choose vault on Android

Options
libbymac
libbymac
Community Member

I'm trying to connect 1Password on my Mi 8 Lite with a vault in Dropbox (which I've set up on my Macbook).

In Settings I have the following options:

• 1Password accounts
  • Security
  • Watchtower
  • Display
  • Autofil
  • Advanced
  • About

There are no options for Vaults or Sync.

How can I choose the vault?

1Password Version: 7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @libbymac. From what you're seeing in the Settings menu, it sounds like you've signed into a 1Password account from this device. With 1Password accounts, your data syncs automatically through our own servers, so you won't need to configure sync on your end.

In order to sync your Dropbox vault, you'll need to reinstall 1Password and then choose the option to sync with Dropbox from the welcome screen, rather than signing into your account. If you have data saved into your account, make sure you have your sign-in credentials safe and can sign in from a browser before reinstalling, so that you can sign in from the Android app again.

• mishail
    mishail
    Community Member
    Options

But what if I have both, an account and a vault outside that account? I could perfectly sync that vault with iOS but not with Android device. It doesn't make any sense to me. Why?

• Hi @mishail, it is possible to use the Android app in this configuration (with both an account and vault), but the app needs to be set up in a particular order.

If you've already set up the app with your 1Password account you'll first need to sign out of that account so that you can return to the welcome screen. To do this: open and unlock 1Password and tap Settings > 1Password accounts > [your account] > Sign Out (be sure you have your sign in details available elsewhere, so that you can sign back in).

Now, from the welcome screen, select the Dropbox option and connect to your vault in there.

Once the Dropbox synced vault is connected you can sign back into your account, tap Settings > 1Password accounts > Sign In.

You'll now have both connected to the app. :)

This discussion has been closed.