How can I find which items are in the root tag of a nesting group?

tltltetd
tltltetd
Community Member

Hi! Is there a way to identify which items are in the "root" tag of a nesting group?

For example, as you can see, I have 85 items in the Commercial tag. 23 of these are in the Entertainment sub-tag, 14 in the Services sub-tag, and 45 in the Shopping & retail sub-tag. That means I have 85−23−14−45=3 items that are in the parent Commercial tag. But when I select the Commercial tag, I instead see all 85 items with no indication of which are in which sub-tag (or the root tag).

Besides undertaking a laborious back-and-forth process of elimination, is it possible to just see which 3 items are in the outermost Commercial tag?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I find which items are in the root tag of a nesting group?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tltltetd - there's no way to do what you're asking for in the tags section itself, but if you have tags for which a) you have lots of items using that tag and b) a bunch of nested tags, where it's hard to figure out which items have only the root tag, you can use the Search Options feature:

• Make sure you're viewing All Items, then click the magnifying glass at the left of the search bar at the top of the main 1Password window and choose "Show Search Options" (Pro Tip: or use Control‑Option‑Command‑F to accomplish the same thing more quickly)
    • Set the options to Tag and Is (not "contains" or any other option):

That should give you what you're looking for.

• tltltetd
    tltltetd
    Community Member

That worked! Maybe in a future update you could consider adding a more direct functionality. But for now, this does the job. Thanks! :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@tltltetd - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.