Using LaunchBar To Open URL Crashes 1P 7

Options
Eko
Eko
Community Member

LaunchBar 6.11.1

I've been using Launchbar with 1P v3 - 6 with without issue until 1p 7. Now when opening a saved url/login with LaunchBar (either hitting Return or double-clicking) it closes/crashes the 1P 7 app instead of opening the link in a new browser tab. I know there were prior issues with LB and iP 7 but I thought those had been worked out. Can anyone confirm this behavior, or is it just me?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1P.com

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Eko - I haven't used LaunchBar in years, and I only have macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”) in a virtual machine at this point, which I would not necessarily trust to properly handle system-level crasher-testing/replication due to, well, it not being a real device.

That said, I can offer a few thoughts: first, I doubt this is specifically LaunchBar-related. Alfred, LaunchBar, even Spotlight all make use of the same metadata, so the first thing to try is whether Spotlight is giving you similar troubles.

I'd also consider toggling "Enable Spotlight and 3rd party app integrations" off in 1Password > Preferences > Advanced, restarting your Mac, then toggling it back on again. If none of that has any effect, we can try looking at a diagnostics report, but let's see if any of this works. To be clear, no, we're not experiencing a wave of reports like this one. I know of at least one avid user of LB here in our ranks, and he tells me it's working fine in his setup (though he's on Mojave). That's actually the last thing I wanted to mention: with the imminent release of macOS 10.15 ("Catalina"), High Sierra is retreating ever-further in the rear-view mirror. It might be some unique combination of bad luck that's largely a function of High Sierra as well. Let us know what you discover.

• Eko
    Eko
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars - I tried your suggestions in order but no change. After the restart failed I tried a hard reboot and it worked, though I'm not sure why.

I would not have thought to first disable the 3rd Party setting before restarting which I'm guessing is a key step. Thanks for your help,

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Eko - I'm just glad things are working for you again. Keep an eye on it and let us know if the issue recurs.

This discussion has been closed.