1Password mini performance of v7 inferior to v6

Options
MaPle
MaPle
Community Member

I recently upgraded to v7, since Safari 13 is no longer supported in v6, and find that the response of the mini extension is much slower in the new version.

The v7 mini extension needs around 2-3 seconds to open up the first time (in total to get to the TouchID verification) and afterwards also needs 0.5 to 1 second to open (so that it is definitely not instantly).

In v6, the windows open instantly in both cases..

Can someone confirm this behavior?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud or Membership

Comments

• Hi @MaPle

Can someone confirm this behavior?

I did notice a very slight delay (perhaps 0.25 - 0.5s) when clicking on the extension icon in Safari, with 1Password unlocked, before 1Password mini opened. I recorded a video showing my results:

[Here's the link to the video.](https://bucket.agilebits.com/tmp/ben/201909241354d73ah.mp4)

It did also take approximately 1s to open to the lock / Touch ID screen. I'm using a 2018 MacBook Air 13", so certainly not a powerhouse of a machine, but also not ancient technology. I do believe these results are about what our development team expects at present time. Certainly we'll continue to look for opportunities to optimize the performance.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.