Not sure where to start. I've had 3 licenses since 2013 - i'm no computer wiz but I rely on you.

Options
golfgirl
golfgirl
Community Member

I have iphone, ipad and imac with mojave 10.14.6. One day it doesn't work. I installed 7 and that doesn't work. I'll pay you again as I am dependent on getting my passwords but not sure how to do this. My phone and ipad still work or I'd be screwed - yikes. Do I have to start paying monthly or can I just pay you a fixed amount. Whatever is easiest please. Would love someone on the phone if possible

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how do I upgrade

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@golfgirl: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the difficulty! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, it sounds like you have all of your 1Password data on another device. Is that correct? If so, which one? Thanks in advance! :)

• golfgirl
    golfgirl
    Community Member
    Options

ok currently the problem is on the imac with Mojave 10.14.6 I have the purchased license option on a iphone 8 and ipad and imac. The Version 7 is installed but it is very crude compared to Version 6. I can see the passwords but I have to physically enter the userids and passwords whereas version 6 automatically populated. This isn't going to work for me. So does that mean my licenses are no longer good? Do I have to upgrade all three devices to something new like the monthly option. If so, how? Also do I get some kind of credit for purchasing 3 licenses?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@golfgirl: I appreciate the additional details. Sorry for the confusion. It's all connected. A license you've purchased is valid for that specific version -- so, if you bought a 1Password for Mac version 6 license, you can use it with that indefinitely. But while 1Password 7 also supports filling in web browsers, it's in "read only" mode without a membership or license for it. So a 1Password membership would get you the latest version across all your devices, so you can access your data on all of them seamlessly. I can't give you credit for licenses for old versions that you've purchased, as the value of those was that you were able to use those versions of 1Password over the years. But if you'll shoot me an email at support@1password.com with the details I'll be happy to help you make the transition, and see what else I can do for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.