Autolock doesn't work on Chrome extension on Windows 10

Hi, I am new to 1 Password.I have installed it on Mac and Windows as well. The issue is with the Windows laptop.The autolock doesn't work on the chrome extension.I have set the time to autolock to 30seconds etc etc. I am not sure I can continue wasting time on 1Password.And the link on this page "How to find 1Password Vesriosn" opens to page which tells you how to update the 1Password!! So I don't know my version,sorry.Hope there is an easy way to fix the autolock on Chrome extension on windows 10.Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• The auto-lock timer will cause 1Password to lock when your computer has been fully idle for the period, @Rey098, so in order for 1Password to lock in that 30 seconds, you would need to not be using your computer. Don't touch the mouse or type anything for 30 seconds and it should lock.

Now, with that said, the desktop app and the companion extension share a lock timer so if you're seeing that your desktop app is locking as expected but your Chrome extension is not, you may be using 1Password X in your browser. 1Password X is an extension that works without any need for the desktop app so it has its own autolock settings. If you right-click the extension icon in your browser, you should see either 1Password X or 1Password extension (desktop app required). If you see the former, click Settings in that right-click menu and you can adjust 1Password X's lock timer from there. If the latter, make sure you're not typing or using your mouse for that 30 seconds and let me know if you're still seeing 1Password stay unlocked. There are other applications on Windows that can prevent your computer from idling, so it's certainly possible you're using one of those and it's keeping autolock from triggering. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.